Make this adorable St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock String Art, the perfect last minute craft, for when you forget that it’s St. Patrick’s Day.
This easy craft is great for DIY, crafting with kids, and even home decor. I have this one up on my mantle right now.
Since my son is homeschooling this year, we are spending a lot of time working on crafts, and he is LOVING it.
I wanted to make sure we were working on his fine motor skills, so when I stumbled on string art, it was the perfect solution.
I’m grateful for the year that taught me how to love spending time with my children, you can read more about how to do that here.
Looking for St. Patrick’s Day printables for preschoolers and young elementary aged kids? Check out my store’s St. Patrick’s Day products!
The Best St. Patrick’s Day Books for Preschoolers
We love reading books ahead of introducting an activity or game, and this is no different. Here are a few books I have either purchased myself or found in my local library:
You can click any of the images above to check the price on Amazon.
There was an Old Lady series books are one of our favorites for repetition and the laugh factor. Children LOVE retelling the story when they’re reunited with their siblings after learning.
St. Patrick’s Day Paper Plate Craft for Preschoolers
I wanted to do a paper plate craft because they’re so easy to find in most homes, and easy to work with. If you mess up, odds are you have more laying around the house to replace them.
Paper plates are a little thicker than cardstock and printer paper, which makes them AMAZING for preschoolers, who notoriously put too much on everything.
Need more St. Patrick’s Day Crafts? Check out this adorable Mickey Mouse for St. Patrick’s Day from Dollar Crafter.
What is Needed for String Art?
The best part of crafting is how easy it is to switch things around. Ideally you just need a few things. We will talk about easy replacements after this list.
So what happens if you don’t have those things?
You can replace craft floss with yarn, or other string you have on hand.
You can replace paper plates with cardboard from an amazon box.
If your child is having a difficult time with lacing the string through the holes, you can use the cutout and wrap the string around that instead.
How to Create This String Art With Your Preschooler
- Print out shamrock, and cut it out. I have added one you can download for free below.
- Trace shamrock on to your paper plate
- Cut out the shamrock from the paper plate
- Using your hole punch, put holes around the shamrock. The more you add, the more difficult it will be for your child.
- Using craft floss (I used two shade of green), lace through all of the holes, varying the direction
- When complete, tape the end of the strings to the back of the plate.
- Using another paper plate, color rainbow colors to act as a backgound to the string art, or you can leave it blank.
Need a shamrock? I got you! Click here fo the PDF.
More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts You Will Love!
Pin this for later!
Your shares are how this site grows and I am grateful. Thank you for supporting me!
Please check out my new store I created for you:
- Ocean Count and Clip Cards for Preschoolers Summer Learning - May 21, 2021
- These Beach-Inspired Lacing Cards Will Keep Your Kids Occupied This Summer - May 20, 2021
- Tracing Lines Worksheets for Summer Preschool Learning - May 19, 2021